CBD products these days can be gotten from a lot of places, including health and wellness stores and even online. Because these products are pending regulation by the FDA, there may be some products which come with claims that are not scientifically true, as well as others which contain less amounts of CBD than advertised.
Types Of Products
There are multiple types of CBD products available on the market, including but not limited to the following.
- Oils: CBD oil can be extracted from the cannabis plant using a range of methods. You can take it vaporized, orally, or as a mix with a beverage. In general, it is CBD oil that finds use in all of the other CBD products like pills, sprays, and creams, but it is also possible to use the oil alone.
- Edibles: It is possible to mix CBD into foods as well as drinks. You can purchase CBD edibles, or even make them at home through the mixing of oil or tinctures into edibles. For example, it is possible to make or buy baked goods, chocolate, and gummies.
- Tinctures: Manufacturers make tinctures through the soaking of cannabis flowers inside alcohol, usually for extended periods. The process extracts the CBD and gives a relatively concentrated form of the product. Tincture bottle designs come with built-in droppers enabling the user to take one or more drops of the product. Tincture use can be separate or mixed with a food or beverage.
- Capsules: You can get CBD pills or capsules from wellness stores. These capsules are typically filled with a mix of CBD oil as well as another component like coconut oil.
- Gels And Creams: Lotions infused with CBD are seen as topical, mainly because CBD taken this way does not enter the bloodstream, while still being able to bring down neuropathic and inflammatory pain.
- Transdermal Patches: Also known as skin patches, these CBD-infused patches can be placed directly on the skin to release CBD into the user’s bloodstream. Taken generally, these release small amounts of the compound over long periods of time.
- Sublingual Sprays: There are sprays designed to be absorbed directly in the mouth, and these contain CBD oil which is often mixed with water and some other ingredients to make the taste more palatable.
Whatever type of CBD product a person elects to buy comes down to their own personal choice. Just as you have it with medical marijuana, there has got to be a trial and error method conducted before arriving at the right dose and product.